It is hard to describe Powell’s City of Books. The Washington Post described Powell’s “as perhaps the best bookstore in the world.”
- Approximately 68,000 square feet of books
- 122 major subject areas and 3,500 sub-subject areas
- Occupies a full city block
- Stocks over a million titles
I bought the following books:
- Sin and Syntax: How to Craft Wicked Good Prose
- Writing Romance
- Novelist Essential Guide to Creating Plot
- Police Procedures & Investigations: A guide for writers
- Writer’s Rehab: A 13 Step program for writers who can’t get their acts together
- Leuchtturm 1917 Plain Notebook
It was a fantastic book experience. If you love bookstores, this place is a must. It was one of the greatest book shopping experience I have ever had. It was so massive, it was almost overwhelming.
Here are some pictures that do this place absolutely no justice.
My new book bag
And no bookstore would be complete without a coffee shop!